Photo by Tanya Rosen-Jones
Oberlin Public Library was first operated in 1947 by means of a contract between the city of Oberlin and Oberlin College. In 1989 the college purchased the empty Fazio's grocery store then sold the building and land to the Public Library trustees for $10. Oberlin residents passed a bond issue in 1989 to pay for renovations and furnishings. In December 1990 the Library moved from the Carnegie Building on campus to its current location.
65 S. Main St.Enlarge Map