✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ THE CAT IN THE CREAM PRESENTS:✨ ✨ ✨✨
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨✨ ✨ ✨ MIYA FOLICK ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨✨ ✨ ✨ feat. BARRIE✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ free & open to the public ✨ ✨ ✨✨ ✨ ✨
Show up if you like Mitski, Florence and the Machine, Bjork, Cat Power, Sinead O'Connor, The Cranberries, or St. Vincent.
Unabashed Los Angelos singer/songwriter Miya Folick is known for her deep yet soaring voice pairing emotional force with undeniably catchy bops. She self-released her first EP Strange Darling in 2015, bringing contemplative lyrics to intense indie rock. Inspired by reading an article about abusive power structures, the defiant Deadbody arrived in March 2018, with the synth poppier Stock Image following that June in advance of her debut LP.
Many of the tunes on Premonitions feel like anthems, battle cries for personal and universal empowerment (Pitchfork). Now, Miya Folick makes her way across North America with her band, coming to Oberlin to share her magic.
Get hyped and listen:
NYC-based Barrie the band released its first single in early 2018. Their ambient, dreamy pop quickly resonated with listeners. You won't want to miss their opening set!
- There is reserved accessibility seating directly to the right of the stage with two tables, a row of chairs, and two wide couches.
- Behind the exit area, which is marked by yellow floor tape, there are two more rows of seating reserved for accessibility.
- Please DO NOT BLOCK the seating that is reserved for accessibility- we will ask you to move if you do!
- There is one single-use restroom at the end of the hallway directly outside the Cat in the Cream. Gendered bathrooms are to the left and down a flight of stairs.
- The Cat in the Cream is a sober, alcohol-free venue.
- Earplugs available upon request at the front.
- This is not a scent-free or low-scent space due to industrial cleaning products and kitchen production.
- Venue capacity: 330