This pop-up event will bring together interested members of the Oberlin community, area farmers, and food buyers in Lorain County for a day of learning, sharing, and connecting. The event will simulate how a local food hub, a consolidation and distribution point for local food, could actually function in Oberlin.
There is no cost to participate but space is limited. This event is free and open to the public.
● The Oberlin Winter Market featuring a range of meats, cheeses, baked products, and artisan goods from local vendors;
● A facilitated farmer/buyer meet and greet to foster new connections between buyers and local farmers and food businesses;
• A community exchange where you can interact with area farmers, businesses, or organizations dedicated to growing the local food system;
● An idea space where community members can share their own innovative approaches to local food systems, from urban farming to the culinary arts;
● A pop-up cinema that will feature locally produced films about inspiring local food efforts in Oberlin and Northeast Ohio;
• 10:30-1:30 Pop-up Food Hub with Winter market, talks, films, and opportunities for sharing
• 1:30-2:30 Facilitated farmer and buyer meet-and-greet
For more information please contact Sharon Pearson, The Oberlin Project Program Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 440-775-6473.
Perhaps I am partial since I organized it but it was a great start in encouraging more local foods. There are some minor improvements that need to be made but overall it created a lot of excitement about local foods in Oberlin!!
Login to interact with events, personalize your calendar, and get recommendations.