In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes have been put into place:
• Oberlin College students, faculty, and staff may rent 1 work each. An OC identification card is required. (Oberlin residents will not be permitted to rent this fall.)
• Each renter will be given a selection of 5 random works to choose from on a “take it or leave it” basis. There is no need to line up the day before, or to start a list, because the selection of works for each renter is completely random.
• Art Rental will be free of charge during academic year 2020–21.
• You will enter the museum through the front doors and exit through the back courtyard door. Do not bring backpacks or other personal items into the museum, as you will be exiting the museum via a different door. You may store personal belongings on the front porch and collect them after completing the rental process.
• All students and staff must wear masks; gloves are optional.
To enter the museum, renters will need to show the green campus access pass on their phone and have their OCID ready.
The Art Rental process is as follows:
• Fill out a checkout form in advance and bring it with you to Art Rental. Download the checkout form or pick one up at the museum. Cut the form into four, and share with your friends!
• The route will begin at the front of the museum. If all of the social distancing markers are occupied, you may line up along the sidewalk or in Tappan Square.
• Renters will enter the building one at a time, moving forward along the social distancing markers.
• You will exit through the rear courtyard doors. Mark your calendar: Art Rental works must be returned on Wednesday, April 28, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A late fee of $10 will be charged, per work per day, for artworks returned after April 28.